Arkansas State Veterans Home at Fayetteville
1179 North College Avenue
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703
(479) 695-0184 (fax)
Officials broke ground for the Arkansas State Veterans Home in Fayetteville on Sept. 3, 2004. We welcomed our first resident on June 21, 2006. This licensed Medicaid/Medicare 108 -bed skilled care nursing facility, provides a comfortable and supportive atmosphere for our Veterans. We operate under the direction of the Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs and have been approved and recognized by the Federal Veterans Administration as a qualified State Veterans Home.
A benefit of being a resident of our State Veterans Home is that we provide RN coverage for all three shifts, 24 hours a day.
Criteria For Admission
- Honorable discharge
- Arkansas residents have first priority.
- Veterans, Veteran's spouses, and Gold Star parents may apply for admission.
- Have a medical need for nursing home placement.
- Hospice care
- Medical Director on site
- RN, LPN, CNA skilled care around the clock
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Daily activities coordinated by a Certified Activities Director
- A Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- On site beautician/barber shop
- Transportation available
- Personal laundry done at no additional charge
- Cable TV provided at no charge
- Designated smoking area under staff guidance
Veterans service groups may request the use of the meeting room or outdoor patio for special events. Use of these areas is at the discretion of the home's administrator.
- Submit an Application for Admission which includes basic medical and financial information along with a Medical Release of Information form.
- A one-on-one interview with the applicant may be conducted by a RN.
- The application, medical history and nurse interview are reviewed by the Admissions Committee
- Download Application Form
All veterans admitted to the Arkansas State Veterans Home in Fayetteville will have their name, branch of service and years they served engraved on a plaque placed on our Veterans Wall located on the facility grounds.