Please apply before 30 Jun 2020
Zaxby's in Sherwood Arkansas has an immediate opening for a General Manager. The ideal managerial candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of supervisory/management experience in the restaurant industry with a proven track record of high-performance results. This position will report to the District Manager.
Company Information: Based out of Athens, Georgia, this quick casual restaurant has boomed to more than 900 restaurants in 17 states and continues to grow. Each restaurant is independently owned and operated under a franchise license from ZFL, LLC. Zaxby's delicious menu is an alternative to fast food. We offer fresh, prepared-at-order Chicken Fingerz, Wings, Sandwiches and Zalads. Our most popular items are its hand-breaded Chicken Fingerz and Jumbo Buffalo Wings smothered in a choice of 9 sauces with names like Wimpy, Tongue Torch, Nuclear and Insane.
Company Mission, Values and Culture:
Our mission statement is to consistently create encore experiences that enrich lives, one person at a time. We believe strongly in that mission statement and give our managers every available opportunity to impact the community and the team members who work under their leadership.
We stick to four core values to stay moving in the right direction:
Guest Focused - From dining room design to developing new menu items, we keep our guests in the center of everything we do.
Develop talent - People are our most important asset. We strive to attract the best, because as they grow, we grow.
Operational Excellence - More than buzzwords, this is the foundation for every aspect of Zaxby's operations. We hold ourselves to the highest standards.
Continuous Improvement - We'll never be satisfied with the status quo. And we're proud of that.
Summary of Position: The General Manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to their team to create a positive culture while maintaining high team morale and encouraging all team members to strive for excellence. In your role as General Manager, you will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate your team members to create encore experiences for our guests. General Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with our guests and balance seating capacity. Management experience in the back of the house is essential as you will hire team members, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations. We will expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and our guests have pleasant dining experiences.
Company Compensation and Benefits: Our management team members enjoy a great benefit package. This is a full-time salaried position that offers a medical, dental, and vision plan and with company paid Life and AD & D. We also offer paid vacation and holidays. After managers successfully complete the Zaxby's General Manager certification program, they become eligible for the quarterly bonus distribution plan based upon the company achieving its financial goals and store achievement of assigned performance goals.
General Manager Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Ensure the store consistently delivers encore experiences to our guests and respond in a timely and accurate manner to guest concerns.
• Review performance metrics daily and develop action plans with your assistant managers to achieve goals, improve profitability, sales and guest experiences above the competition in the industry.
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels by screening applications, interviewing, hiring, retaining and recognizing top performers.
• Ensure service, product quality, cleanliness, and safety standards are consistently upheld.
• Oversee and assist with all Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations according to the company standard.
• Organize and supervise shifts
• Review staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
• Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
• Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
• Manage your restaurant’s brand image in the local community and suggest ways to senior management on how to improve it
• Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
• Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
• Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
• Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
• Train new and current team members on proper customer service practices
• Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
• Regularly assist and communicate with multiple departments including maintenance, training, human resources, payroll, accounting and Zaxby's Information Technology Help Desk personnel.
• Complete all requests from management office with attention to detail and a sense of urgency and awareness of deadlines.
Minimum Requirements for Applicant Consideration:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of restaurant management experience
• Willing to work an average of 45 hours per week, with some varied shifts that include weeknights and weekends as needed to develop and manage teams to improve performance.
• Possess extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and menu items to inform team members and guests.
• Have familiarity with restaurant management software (Ex: Crunchtime, TeamWorx, My Micros)
• Possess Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
• Have a strong financial management background and proven cash management skills
• Some college, hospitality management or culinary experience a plus
Physical Work Requirements:
• This position requires the General Manager to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
• Frequently lifting, pushing, and carrying up to 50 pounds, including lifting items overhead and walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation.
• Work in an environment that features both hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens.
We welcome all military veterans to apply.