Please apply before 31 Dec 2021
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America and we are hiring for a Mechanic position. Our Hickman Terminal located at 7725 County Road 142, Blytheville, AR 72315 and Yamato Terminal located at 3852 North County Road 955, Armorel, AR 72310 are two of Kinder Morgan’s network of 147 terminals where our Employees store and handle products for our customers. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package that begins on your first day including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Kinder Morgan is committed to being a good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees, contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to perform better than our industry peers relative to environmental, health and safety measures.
Install, maintain, diagnose, and repair primarily road and off-road equipment related to the unloading, loading, transfer, and storage of bulk materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Dismantle and repair heavy equipment including diesel and gas engines, electric motors and generators, hydraulic and pneumatic attachments, cable handling devices, control systems, fuel and brake systems, etc…
• Move machinery and equipment as needed to check out and repair.
• Repair and lubricate machines, equipment, and heavy equipment.
• Diagnose problems and make repairs to heavy equipment, cranes, loaders, dozers, etc…
• Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical engines, vehicles, and equipment used in bulk handling operations.
• Lubricate moving parts and operate repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
• Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and safety devices on equipment and make adjustments.
• Operate a variety of tools/equipment such as cutting torch, welder, forklift, hand tools, power tools (impact wrench, drills, etc…) and electric meters.
• Work from blueprints, sketches, or verbal instructions
• Responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
• Respond to emergency call-outs to perform maintenance duties
• Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
• Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Attend daily/weekly safety meetings.
• Administer general preventative maintenance activities, repairs, and housekeeping tasks.
• Perform any other terminal functions as trained, requested, and instructed by supervision.
Our Mechanics come to Kinder Morgan from a variety of backgrounds, job titles, Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) and Career Management Fields (CMF). So whether your prior experience comes from private industry or while serving our Country in the military we encourage you to consider continuing or starting your career as a Mechanic with Kinder Morgan.
• High School Graduate, GED or equivalent.
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure systems.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid driver’s license.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
• Ability to carry and communicate over a company provided mobile radio.
• Must possess basic math skills in regards to addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must possess safety training and security certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by all Kinder Morgan locations.
• Ability to deal with evolving operating conditions with few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
• Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary records.
• Successful completion of background check and post-offer and random drug screens.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 70 pounds.
• Employee must be able to work at heights up to 80 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must meet medical criteria for use of respiratory protective equipment, if required.
• Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
• Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
• Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
• Must be available for assignments at multiple berths within a 12 mile radius.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Prior experience repairing construction or agricultural equipment
• Diploma or Certificate from accredited trade/vocational school for auto/diesel/truck mechanic training.
Must possess basic mechanics hand tools, tape measure, adjustable wrenches, hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, etc…